Washing Cloth Diapers >
Using & Washing Wraps
Using a Wrap
- Place diaper or insert inside wrap. Add a flushable Bio-Soft liner if desired.
- Secure Aplix (Velcro-style) or snap closures to ensure a snug fit around legs and tummy.
- To prevent leaks, ensure that the diaper or insert is completely tucked inside the wrap around legs and tummy.
- If using prefold inserts, do not tuck the insert into the front flap of the wrap (applicable to Super Whisper Wrap, Super Snap, Super Brite and Super Lite).
Changing a Wrap
- If wrap is not soiled, it may be reused. If wrap is soiled, fasten Aplix tabs (if applicable) to the laundry tabs on the inside back of the wrap. Put wrap in pail or hanging wet bag with soiled diapers.
- Do not soak Bummis wraps.
- Wash every 2-3 days.
Washing a Wrap
- Attach Aplix fasteners to laundry tabs.
- Wash on warm or hot with your inserts and/or diapers. Do not use a sanitize cycle on any product with Velcro-type closures or elastics.
- Set water to highest level. Rinsing with lots of water will help to avoid build-up of detergent, bacteria and urine.
- If using Super Lites, avoid washing with anything sharp that might snag the laminate.
- Avoid bleach, brighteners and fabric softeners.
- Use very little regular detergent or a zero-residue detergent. Using natural or oil-based soaps or too much detergent may leave a residue that can cause inserts, diapers and wraps to retain odours and/or leak.
- Dry at regular temperature in the dryer or on a clothesline. To prolong the life of the Super Lite wrap, opt for line drying. Sunlight is a natural brightener and disinfectant!